Friday, May 29, 2009

They've Spotted Me...

The people at Lowe's, that is. I've been in there now three days out of four, buying a myriad of plumbing fittings. This happens because I will get started running pipe, then quickly find I don't have something. So down to the store, get what I need X3 and then an additional assortment of fittings in the hope that I can make some progress. I've dropped about $600 in DWV stuff so far, and am counting on being able to return all of the unused pieces. Just don't lose the receipts!

I know I need to get you some pictures, perhaps this weekend. I should probably ask Gene to come out to make sure I'm not screwing anything up too badly!

On another note, I got a call this morning from the building inspector. He had been out the other day for a shearwall inspection, and had noted only one interior wall that needed to be sheated. He called to say we can move ahead without a re-inspect, as he is far too busy and it's a low priority. It seems that the other day the County took in over $1,000,000 worth of new construction permits applications. One day! But for them that means that they are getting very busy and are not re-hiring. For me (and you) it means that money is flowing and people are getting busy and maybe, just maybe this recession can itself recede to a fuzzy memory.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: