Thursday, May 21, 2009

Decks are framed



I'm sorry, I've been remiss in my postings here. I'm spending most of my energy at work, though now with the weather improved the weeds are growing madly and the mowing/whacking is underway in earnest.

The deck structures are in, which pretty much completes the exterior framing work. Nick made a modification to the rear deck, to accommodate a roof line that extended into the deck walkway space. Man, is that deck high! Raising the house (remember the plumbing issue?) has impacted us yet again, this time in the stair that will be needed to the upper deck. Plan "A" was to have a straight stair, but that would put it sticking out past the garage by 7 or 8 feet. We're thinking it'll have to have a landing and then a 90 degree turn. We're talking 21 steps to get 13 feet up from grade! Nick is not including the stairs, but I can handle that. Stay tuned.

This weekend we'll be cleaning up around the house, picking scraps and stacking salvage materials. I'll also start laying out the plumbing drains and vents, and likely start drilling holes and making my material list for that and the gas piping and the venting. It'll be good to get started on systems, to keep making progress.

OK, I'm done, I'm going to bed. Hope to see y'all sometime!

No comments: