Monday, May 25, 2009

How hard can it be?

Payday is on Friday, poop goes downhill, and belts are optional. That seems pretty easy, that is until you actually have to DO it! Sandi wants me to put together a work party, with actual people over who would help us to "bang it out". The problem is, I don't know what I'm doing! I have a book, some limited experience and a line to my buddy Gene who does it for a living. He's pretty busy, so I'll try not to bug him too much. 1/4" per foot drop, gotta remember that, and venting. The venting is what's starting to demand my brain. I can flow water downhill, but keeping the vents and drains separate but together is interesting. I'm hoping I have the right pipe sizes for the application, but I think I'm using bigger than necessary in most cases so it should be fine. The biggest challenge so far has been fighting the Man Eating Drill, my trusty Hole Hawg. I already snapped off a heavy duty holw saw arbor, though I'm happy that broke not the motor shaft of my drill. Also Sandi had given me a gift of a framing nailer in anticipation of building the house, then we hired a crew to frame it so it is with great joy that I broke out the new nail gun and shot some nails, built some stuff. And it's happening; I may have mentioned in the past this "problem" I have. I started plumbing, but needed to know where to run the island pipes so I stop and start on layout of counters and other things, all of course with the design to meet again in some sort of finished product.

This is going to take awhile!

It was a good weekend, lots of BBQ, yard getting spiffed up and progress on the house. Now it's Sunday night and work mode is hovering in my brain, ready to take me hostage again.

It's so totally worth it!

No comments: