Wednesday, August 20, 2014

More flooring

We now have the flooring and vapor barrier for the craftroom. Thank you girls for all your help hauling it upstairs! It is in the room where it needs to acclimate for 2 days.




It's a Pergo floating floor so it should be a relatively quick and easy install compared to all the tile and grout we've been doing.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Busy Sunday

I have had this idea for the walls in the girls' bath/shower for a while now. Sparked by something I saw on Pinterest... I had almost given up on it because I couldn't find the right tiles, but I did another search the other day and I think I can make it work... :-) 
Hopefully, it will turn out alright.

Tom and Scott worked on finishing up the electrical. Just the nagging little pick up things that need to be done for the final inspect. We cleared out the garage to start painting the molding.


We sorted the interior doors and put them near where they will go.


 

We will set them, then take them off the hinges to paint.

I motivated this (Tom says 'instigated'... whatever) by ordering the carpet for the bedrooms. He wants to put up the molding and doors before the carpet is installed. He was sooo maaaad, but I imagine he'll get over it. :-)

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Now we're cookin' with gas...

I did an experiment with cookies between the electric oven and the gas oven yesterday.  Can you tell which ones were cooked in which oven?
Didn't think so. :-)  they both turned out perfectly and not a single one burnt on the bottom or edges!


So now I'm making pizza... The sauce heated in minutes on the gas range and I was able to cook 3 pizzas ALL AT THE SAME TIME! 


I cannot wait to live in this house...

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Half day deck project... lol...

Half-day was the time Tom estimated it would take to do the composite decking and rail on the upstairs deck which is needs for our C.O. So we had materials on hand to do the steps outside the master bedroom and front door as well since Scott, Di, Matt & Liz were all coming to help. 

This is the 'before' pics of the deck. The plywood thrown down temporarily for construction got a bit weathered over the years and we just never went out there.


Tom and Scott got a good start on it...




Needless to say, this was an all day project and the railing will get finished today. :-)  but it is BEAUTIFUL and will be low maintenance for years to come.

Meanwhile, Diane and I drew the fireplace surround on the living room floor and started piecing stone. It's more difficult than I thought it would be. It's like trying to put a puzzle together using pieces from 5 different puzzles. 







We worked on this between cutting boards and handing them up to the guys until Matt and Liz got here. Matt took over on the cutting and we girls started on the molding (Amanda and I had painted a couple boards by hand this week after work) behind the toilets. 

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Potties, puzzles and puppies

It's a little sad how excited I was to buy toilets, but we now have the three that we need for final.

This is the cool rock that they got in Montana for the fireplace surround. My job is to draw the fireplace on the floor and piece the rocks in a pleasing manner before adhering them to the walls. :-)

And finally, Indie sprawled out in her favorite place in the kitchen.  Dreaming of flying, it appears...


Friday, July 25, 2014

Kitchen faucet

Why, yes, that IS a working faucet in my kitchen... thank you very much!