Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Plumb and Square

I feel like I'm just getting warmed up. That is, the DWV is started barely but not really going yet. It's a puzzle. A mulitiplicity of pieces you don't know you need until you need them, and as it takes time (and patience) to go to the Big Box Home Store I decided to count on the liberal return policies and get a selection of parts. So I just spent $200 on a variety of 1-1/2" and 2" elbows, wyes, traps, cleanouts, 45's, 22-1/2's, T's and the like in hopes of having a particular item when I need it. I got a few 3" and 4" things, though that is mostly for in the crawl space. My focus right now is to get lines in the 2nd floor, tied to or pass through the 1st floor and stubbed into the crawl space before I go and tie it all together to the main drain.

It's funny, I've had about 15 people volunteer for the electrical wiring phase, but nobody for the plumbing. I guess I don't hang out with the right crowd. But I'm also aware that I'll be able to manage whatever size crew we have for the electrical party as that's what I know. This plumbing stuff however, while not "kicking my ass", is taxing my brain in the new territory that it is.

More whining to come, bear with me and eventually we'll get to the really fun stuff!

No comments: