Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shopping trip

So I have a new favorite pass time. Shopping for granite countertops. We met with a guy tonight at his shop. Oh my goodness, this is the fun stuff I've waited sooooo long to do! 

I brought this sample home with the master bath in mind, but it is just too beige. I want something with a bit more 'pop' so guess I have to shop some more!

It's really hard to convey in pictures the depth of this stone. It has blue sparkly facets that I just can't do justice to with my phone's camera but I think this will look very nice in the girls' bathroom.

And this is the granite I would like to do in the kitchen, dining room buffet and the fireplace hearth.
I think we have tentatively decided on doing a flagstone with the shale rock that Tom and Scott have been bringing back from Montana each trip on the fireplace surround. I think this granite will tie it all together nicely.
The fun part was shopping for it. Now we wait for the quote to come...



No comments: