Saturday, March 7, 2009

Well, Sandi started a blog entry. I was thrilled, but laid low on the praise or even acknowledgement as she gets shy sometimes. She didn't post it, though I have it and may do it if she doesn't. The problem is, things age and we keep going whether we post or not.

It looks like our permit will be ready early this week. I've given a heads-up to the earthwork and foundation guys, and am in contact with our supplier for the geo-thermal system. I'm going to get a big machine to cut the building site and while it's here we'll bury the "slinky" loops in the ground. An 800' spool of pipe yeilds about 100' of coils. And we need five, buried 5' deep and a few feet apart from each other.

If all goes well we should have significant framing completed by the end of May.

In the meantime, I'm working furiously on the media room in the garage. I know once the house is going my time will have to be over there. My goal is by the time I have to change focus the room will be in a substantially-complete state so we can use it. We painted this last week, and this weekend we'll put the faux finish that Sandi picked out. She really is good with color and style, and is guiding those finishes. I'm getting the lighting going right now, which is almost done and looks really good. A Lutron RadioRA system is going in, and having dimmers really makes the room look cool. I'm sure flooring and furniture will help too!

It's been a good experience doing this room right before starting the house. It's reminding me of how much there is to do and how long all the little stuff takes. And you can't skip any details, for rish of having a crappy outcome or more work later.

I have taken pictures, kind of sporadically but I have some. Perhaps next time I sit down for a sec I'll post some (if I can find them!). Until next time.....

Think Snow! (OK, we're not done skiing but Spring is in the air!)

No comments: