Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tile choices

Went tile shopping today. I didn't realize how satisfying it would be to find the perfect tile! I was jonesin' for a cigarette afterwards!

We can't use real hardwood over the radiant floor and I'm worried about using laminate in high-traffic areas. (I had originally planned on hardwood in the entry way, dining room, kitchen and nook.) As much as I'd like to say the dog won't be allowed in the real house, I know he will so I wanted something durable that still has the warm look of wood. Lo and behold, I wasn't the first person to have such a need! I found this beautiful wood-look tile!!


Yep. It's really tile. And it goes beautifully with the wall color. One more decision checked off the list!

Now for the laundry and bathrooms...
I really like this for the laundry room: 
It's 20x20 so will have fewer grout lines.

And for the master bath, I am torn between these two:

The first one I already have from the shop flooring and they are 18x18.  The pebbles are going to be the shower floor.

The second one is 12x24 and is only $1.49/sf.

Decisions, decisions...



No comments: