Saturday, February 1, 2014

Painting by the not-so-pro

While I really try to focus on the positive about this build, there are always going to be negatives that will come up. <begin rant> As I look at all the beige overspray on the ceilings of the entire downstairs and the high ceilings of the living room and foyer, I can't help but get irritated anew at myself for getting talked into doing the walls before the ceiling. Now it will take at least  2 coats of white to not get shadowing from the beige not to mention the inevitable drips onto the walls. Our pro painter friends and everything we read said to do ceilings first. It makes sense. But we let the guy who is supposed to be helping with the high stuff do it his way. Oh, and I have no idea when he'll be back again so I guess I get to do the tedious masking now.<end of rant>

No comments: