Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Waiting Game


I know, I'm sporadic about this blog thing. Takes a mood and time and a topic. Well, topics aren't hard to find but inclination is. Sandi is not showing any interest in writing, perhaps you can encourage her or just put up with my musings.


We have submitted our financial application to the most compatible (so far) lending source. Our credit is medium, our income works and our drive is immense. So we wait, we hope, we fret and we talk about a "contingency" in case they choose not to work with us. The credit markets have dramatically changed of late, along with the real estate market.


We keep finding ways to reduce our building costs, at least on our spreadsheet. I know we'll have unexpected things come up, and I'm sure we've missed certain (hopefully small) items along the way. But we've resisted the temptation to lower our standard, for the most part, as we want a nice home with a decent value to protect the investment and provide for a nice environment for our kids to grow up in.


I'll discuss more about the house later, but now it's after dinner and I'm drawn to get some things done outside, so SEE YA!


Tom

No comments: